Our DDoS Protection
We provide DDoS protection for our clients. Websites are automatically protected from attacks, because the whole hosting platform is protected. This is how we do it:
- Our servers infrastructure is optimized for very high loads. We use load balancing, caching, powerful database clusters etc. Our Linux systems are tuned for high performance and hundreds of thousands of connections. We install websites into our load balanced cloud clusters. "Cloud cluster" means that websites are spread over many VPS instances and this infrastructure can be automatically scaled if needed. So, there is no single server for a website which can be easily DDoS'ed.
- We use cloud technology and it means that a cloud can be automatically expanded if traffic increases. Thus, a cloud cluster can handle any load and any http based DDoS attack because of this automatic scaling possibility.
- We have many load balancers and new balancers can be added automatically. Every server and every balancer has it's network connection speed limit. But we can add as many balancers as needed, so our cluster has no limits.
- We can use hardware DDoS protection at the data center level, which can filter incoming malicious traffic. We use Rackspace data centers for our servers, details about their protection can be found here.
- We use different AntiDDoS techniques and tricks which help to prevent DDoS requests from hitting our backend servers (Apache, PHP, MySQL etc). This way the load caused by a DDoS attack does not affect websites' performance at all.
We do not disable websites which are under DDoS attack like many other hosts would do. Instead, we do our best to put sites back online as soon as possible with all methods available and we do it for free, just like we promote it, regardless of the hosting plan. The size of an attack does not really matter. Our system can handle most of attacks without problems. In case of very large attacks we cooperate with website owners and come up with available solutions in order to fight the attack.